Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
2. I like old films, gaming, spontaneous road trips, and singing loudly.
3. I like witty banter because it is exhilarating and sexy.
4. I like driving fast... or as fast as I can manage.
5. I like cool music + hot musicians... a LOT.
6. I like to combine #4 and #5 often. Lather, rinse, repeat!
7. I like a great many things and am mercurial in my crushes.
8. I like pens, poetry, and books. It's fair to call me a word nerd.
9. I like hot buttered popcorn more than I should.
10. If you are curious about anything else, ask. I don't bite... much.
Finally, the opinions expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of GeekGirlCon or any employee thereof. GeekGirlCon is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the author or content that appears.
When I die don’t say you “lost” me.
I’ll be right there with you, living on in the memories we have made.
When I die don’t say I “fought a battle.” Or “lost a battle.” Or “succumbed.”
Don’t make it sound like I didn’t try hard enough, or have the right attitude, or that I simply gave up.
When I die don’t say I “passed.”
That sounds like I walked by you in the corridor at school.
When I die tell the world what happened.
Plain and simple.
No euphemisms, no flowery language, no metaphors.
Instead, remember me and let my words live on.
Tell stories of something good I did.
Give my children a kind word. Let them know what they meant to me. That I would have stayed forever if I could.
Don’t try to comfort my children by telling them I’m an angel watching over them from heaven or that I’m in a better place:
There is no better place to me than being here with them.
They have learned about grief and they will learn more.
That is part of it all.
When I die someday just tell the truth:
I lived, I died.
"When I Die" by Lisa Bonchek Adams. And if a loved one has died from cancer, this is spot fucking on.